Sunday, January 21, 2007

Thank you for the Suns

For all you Arizonans, Canadians and other miscellaneous Suns fans out there:

Bill Simmons of ESPN recently authored an article title Thank you for the Suns. He writes, “I watch all of their games. I rewind plays to see what they're doing and how they're doing it. I learn about basketball from them. I revel in their splendidry, and I don't even think splendidry is a word. They're the most consistently entertaining basketball team in 20 years. They have a chance to be historically good. You could be bouncing your grandkids on your lap someday and telling them that you watched the 2007 Suns…. I have never, ever, EVER seen anyone run the point guard position like [Steve Nash] on a day-to-day basis. Not even Magic and Isiah.”

According to STATS INC, the Suns rank in the top-3 in the following offensive categories:

Field Goals made (1st)
Three-pointers made (1st)
Free throw percentage (1st)
True shooting percentage (1st)
Two-point field goal percentage (1st)
Three-point percentage (2nd)
Assists (1st)
Assists/turnover ratio (1st)
Points per game (1st)
Fast break points (3rd)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home