Sunday, January 27, 2008

Proof the Super Bowl is Shady

My homepage is set to the local newspaper/NBC station back home in Phoenix. So when I first open my browser, I see a number of stories, including video. A recent one with the headline "More than 1,000 women paid to party at Super Bowl" caught my attention, and not in a good way.

(For technical reasons, I couldn't manage to post the video itself - something about javascript - but I've shared the print story for your consideration; it included a link to the video version.)

From the get-go I thought this didn't seem quite right, but when the third interviewee in the video started telling about all the different places she'd worked, it became undeniably clear: this is watered-down prostitution, paying women for the use of their bodies.

And, yes, for the record, I'm ashamed that this is happening in my home state.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home