Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Journey Begins!

I was having dinner and drinks late one evening with some musician friends. As we were talking about various musical instruments I was struck by an idea that I believe was at once both pure madness and sheer brilliance. A new instrument, a double necked instrument. I wondered what happens when you take two of the most ridiculous, and therefore awesome instruments, the double neck guitar and the keytar, and combine them?
Surely the ridiculousness and the awesomeness would be off the charts. I believe that after having such a flash of inspiration I have been given a grave moral obligation to bring this monster into existence.

So after a few late nights on ebay, the project is ready to begin!

First I will start with the keyboard. Fortunatley one of my roomates had an old Yamaha Portasound PSS-140, which is the perfect size for this project. The first step was to seperate the keyboard from the body.

y.


This step required a bit of soldering because the white connector you see between the keyboard and the drum pad was far too short to set the keyboard in the body.

Next will be to construct the body of the guitar. I've gotten two cheap bodies on ebay, and I'll keep you all posted as it progresses.




Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home